Epson UltraChrome K3™ ink technology represents a turning point in the history of inkjet printing. Inspired by our past generations of pigmented ink technology, Epson's all new 8-color ink set incorporates three unique levels of black, which along with new color pigment technology, dramatically improves both color and black and white prints. Imagine producing archival prints with amazing color fidelity, gloss level, and scratch resistance, while providing stable colors from the moment prints exit the printer.
Incorporating high density pigments, Epson UltraChrome K3 produces prints with an extremely wide color gamut allowing the reproduction of colors that were originally envisioned at the point of capture. With its expanded color gamut and breakthrough 8-color system, no other ink set can reproduce the three dimensional lifelike quality and stunning photographic feel of Epson UltraChrome K3.
Utilizing a unique three level black ink technology, Epson UltraChrome K3 ink significantly improves overall gray balance while enhancing midtone and highlight detail yielding a smoother tonal range. And by virtually eliminating metamerism and bronzing, both black and white and color prints can be produced with the look and feel of a traditional photograph while utilizing all the advantages of a digital workflow.
Epson UltraChrome K3 ink incorporates High-gloss Microcrystal Encapsulation™ Technology along with unique screening algorithms and Light Light Black ink that significantly reduces gloss differential. There is no longer any compromise for professionals that require glossy prints that have excellent longevity and durability.
With two different black ink modes - Photo Black and Matte Black - Epson UltraChrome K3 provides an innovative solution to optimize the black ink density for various media types. Photo Black ink can be used for all media types with professional quality results. The optional Matte Black ink significantly increases black optical density when printing on matte and fine art type papers. This innovative solution enables the use of just one printer for all media types.
Epson's unique driver technology takes full advantage of the new three-level black ink system, allowing the production of the highest quality neutral and toned prints from a single ink set. In addition, proprietary Epson screening technology, developed specifically for black and white printing, produces outstanding image quality with no color crossover or color cast. For the first time photographers can make sellable black and white prints without going into a darkroom.
Without being restricted to a few choices of media to achieve professional requirements for longevity, Epson UltraChrome K3 inks are designed to work as a system with Epson's full range of professional media. Epson UltraChrome K3 ink has improved print permanence characteristics that provide lightfastness ratings of up to 108 years for color and over 200 years for black and white under rigorous industry accepted display conditions*. Epson UltraChrome K3 ink and Epson Genuine Media perform as a perfectly matched system that provides the industry's best combination of quality output and longevity enabling the display and sales of prints to the most demanding clients.
*Print permanence ratings based on accelerated testing of prints on specialty media, displayed indoors, under glass. Actual print stability will vary according to printer, media, printed image, display conditions, light intensity, humidity, and atmospheric conditions. Epson does not guarantee longevity of prints. For maximum print life, display all prints under glass or lamination or properly store them. Visit www.wilhelm-research.com for the latest information.
- All New 8-Color Pigment Based Ink System
- High Density pigments for an extremely wide color gamut
- Professional print permanence ratings for truly sellable quality prints
- High-gloss Microcrystal Encapsulation™ Technology for reduced gloss differential
- Superior scratch resistance from improved pigment and resin chemistry
- Color is stable immediately after printing - no short term color shifting
- Depending upon media, produces a black density up to 2.3 with an L* value of 4.1
- New Three-Level Black Ink Technology
- Simultaneously uses Black, Light Black, and Light Light Black inks
- Significantly improves the printers gray balance while eliminating color casts
- Impressive midtones and highlights for a smoother tonal range
- Virtually eliminates the metamerism and bronzing of basic pigment chemistry
- Enhances the ICC profiling process for ColorSync™ and ICM™ workflows
- New Advanced Black & White Printing Technology
- Three level black ink system uses unique driver technology of the Epson Stylus® Photo R2400 and Epson Stylus® Pro 4800, 7800 and 9800 printers to produce professional black and white prints from color or grayscale image files
- Proprietary Epson screening technology developed specifically for black and white printing
- Produces truly consistent images with no color crossover or color cast
- Produces sellable quality neutral and toned black and white prints from a single ink set
- Two User-Exchangeable Black Ink Modes
- Two specific black ink modes - Photo Black or Matte Black
- Optimizes black ink density for various media types dramatically improving the final print quality