The i1Basic Pro 2 is ideal for an imaging professionalʼs unique color workflow needs and includes:
- The extraordinary new i1Pro 2 Spectrophotometer
- The latest release of i1Profiler Software
- PANTONE Color Manager Software
- All-new, more robust i1 accessories: Ambient Light Measurement Head, Monitor Holder, Scanning Ruler, Backup Board, Spot Color Positioning Target, Soft Carrying Case
i1PRO 2 DEVICE
The most accurate, versatile and reliable profiling device available today
Built upon the success of X-Rite’s i1Pro spectrophotometer as the de facto industry standard for more than a decade, i1Pro 2 features the next generation of our industry-leading technology delivering increased accuracy, ease of use and an expanded professional-level feature set including the latest developments in ISO standardization.
- New illuminant design allows for 3 standard measurement conditions (ISO 13655 M0: Tungsten; ISO 13655 M1: D50; ISO 13655 M2: UV Cut) plus Optical Brightener Compensation (OBC) without changing filters or needing a second instrument and ensures your investment well into the future.
- Enhanced Optical Brightener Compensation allows for the most accurate profiling for today’s enhanced range of substrates. Now users can predict what colors printed on optically brightened paper will look like under both standard and specific light conditions using a single hand-held device.
- Positioning Detection Sensor provides a more robust scanning experience even on special substrates and low-resolution printers. It allows for the measurement of smaller patch sizes (as low as 7mm) in manual mode saving time and money on consumables and enabling dual measurement workflows for OBC, M1 and M2.
- New Status LED guides users through the measurement process and provides feedback on device status, improving the user experience and saving time.
- New Design Ergonomics throughout allows for greater usability, flexibility, cleaning, protection, and storage of the precision i1Pro 2 device, assuring the highest level of reliability and productivity.
- Better temperature stability and higher brightness levels improve emissive measurement, resulting in the best possible calibration and profiling of monitors and projectors.
- All new diagnostics and self-correction features
- Built-in wavelength calibration technology allows for self-diagnosis of optical grating in relation to sensor during white calibration (with automatic correction and notifications) eliminating worry about your device’s measurement accuracy.
- Maintaining and protecting the device (and investment) is easier than ever
- Self-cleanable aperture protection glass and calibration white tile cover provides additional built-in protection from dust and dirt keeping your device working at top performance at all times.
- XRGA equipped
- i1Pro 2 is equipped with the X-Rite Graphic Arts Standard (XRGA) to make it quicker and easier for companies and professionals involved in digital production printing to adhere to ISO standards and have confidence that data sent or received from all links in the supply chain is reliable and repeatable.
i1Profiler, based upon X-Rite’s i1Prism color engine, offers an unprecedented level of flexibility and features a number of unique color management capabilities adding power and control in creating professional quality profiles. You can choose between a ‘basic’, wizard-driven interface; or an ‘advanced’, user-driven interface to create high quality, precise, custom color profiles for monitors and projectors.
i1Profiler unique capabilities include:
- Calibrate and profile all modern laptop and desktop display technologies
- Create highest quality professional color profiles for projectors
- Create highest quality professional color profiles for monitors and projectors
- Optimize profiles based on ambient light
- Quality assurance for soft proofing on monitors and verifying output quality on printers
i1Profiler specific capabilities include:
- Utilize presets for video production workflows
- Create profiles for any ambient light condition for optimal viewing of color critical work
- Unlimited gamma, white point, and luminance settings (also measure other displays or light sources and use as targets)
- Workgroup match utilizing reference profiles to match all monitors
- Gray balance optimization for more neutral and better defined grays, in any lighting condition
- Chromatic adaptation formula for a closer visual match of different monitors (or of different settings on one monitor) with different white points
- X-Rite’s Automatic Display Calibration (ADC) to automatically control and adjust display hardware settings
- Build an accurate on-screen profile in just a few minutes – just as easy as building a monitor profile
- Takes room conditions into consideration when creating profile – projected colors, screen color and room lighting
Quality Assurance (QA)
- Display quality assurance function to check soft proofing
- Printer quality assurance function to check print quality using ISO 12647-7 compliant media wedges (IDEAlliance Digital Control Strip, Fogra Media Wedge, Japan Color Control Strip).
PANTONE COLOR MANAGER
- Capture and manage spot colors
- Automatically updates all PANTONE Color Libraries - and keeps them up to date
- Uses PANTONE PLUS Color Bridge values
- Builds palettes of best match PANTONE colors that are auto extracted from your own images
- Enables any library or palette, including palettes extracted from images, to be used in i1Profiler spot color optimization of printer Profiles.
- Builds ICC profile-based device-specific CMYK recipes for any PANTONE Graphics library
- Simulates and helps you visualize spot vs. 4-color process, including display and print gamut warnings to make it easy to identify any colors that cannot be properly printed on your target output device or properly displayed on your monitor
- Synchronizes spot color values to design applications
i1PRO 2 ACCESSORIES
i1Pro 2 accessories have been completely redesigned to maximize ease of use and efficiency.
- Every i1Pro 2 solution ships with an easy to use aluminum, solvent-resistant, ruler system making chart measurements extremely fast and easy with just one hand. Use the ruler as a stand-alone or with the included white-surfaced, sturdy, foldable back-up board. Rapid, error-free measurements are a certainty with the i1Pro 2 ruler system.
- Additional accessories include a beamer holder for hands-free projector profiling, monitor holder for accurate monitor profiling, ambient light measurement head and spot color positioning target, and a water-resistant, canvas carrying case to make transporting and storing your i1 system a snap.
Easily upgrade to i1Publish Upgrade software to add complete printer (RGB, CMYK, CMYK + any four) profiling and quality control functionality, as well as digital projector and camera profiling capabilities.
Whether you add on i1Publish output functionality, or are working with another application, you can increase your productivity with the optional i1iO automated hands-free chart reader. Simply dock your i1Pro 2 device into the i1iO table to measure any substrate up to 10 mm thick!